Bridge Medical, formerly known as Shiremoor Medical Group, is situated within Shiremoor Resource Centre.
Our doctors and nurses pride themselves in delivering outstanding NHS medical care. If you’re looking for a doctor surgery with personal, friendly care then look no further.
Register with our practice
The Practice has been successful in changing their boundary. This change will only apply to new patients. The Partners would like to reassure any existing patients who live outside of the new boundary that they will not be asked to move Doctors.
You can check if you are in our catchment area by typing in your postcode on the map.
Prescriptions – As of February 1st 2020 all prescriptions will be sent electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. If you do not nominate a pharmacy before this date, we will automatically nominate the pharmacy closest to your home address.
The benefits of this are:
- You no longer need to collect your prescription from the surgery and take it to the pharmacy
- It is more secure—prescriptions are less likely to be lost or mislaid
- Faster—prescriptions signed by the GP will be at the pharmacy within minutes. The pharmacy can get the medicine ready before you collect it thus saving you waiting time
- Electronic prescriptions save time for the NHS and for you
- More efficient use of resources—less paper!
You can ask your regular pharmacy to sign you up for this service today! You can change your nominated pharmacy at any time by asking another pharmacy to sign you up. You can only have one nominated pharmacy at a time.
If you need any further information please ask at your pharmacy.
Extended Access – Early morning pre-booked appointments are now available. Please enquire with reception if you would like an appointment with out health care assistants, nurses, GPs and pharmacists from 7:00am on a Tuesday morning. We are open from 8am every other morning for all other services, including prescription collection or ordering.