Appointments and Prescriptions
If you are registered with our GP surgery, you can access online services. Online services allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
You can also start using online services through the NHS app without the need to register at the surgery. All you need is a camera phone and photo ID. To download the app on your phone click here for Apple devices, or click here for Android devices.
Bridge Medical is now offering a new way of contacting your doctor online, called eConsult. This allows you to:
- Request advice and treatment from the practice online
- Get self-help advice for hundreds of common conditions
- Order repeat prescriptions or ask for a fit note.
If you want advice from your doctor, you can subit a short form and even a photograph (if relevant) about your symptoms or condition which is sent to the practice. You don’t need to wait for an appointment, and you don’t need to wait on the phone. Either click on the pop-up window on this page, or visit patients.econsult.health.
Help for Those Who Need Support Going Online
We are offering online services at the practice to create a more convinient service for you. However, we are very aware that some people may require support with using these services.
There are a lot of places where people can learn how to use the internet. Many are provided by local authorities, colleges and charities. A good place to start is the local library, but there are many other places to learn for free, such as:
- Learn My Way, who have UK online centres which help people learn how to use the internet and manage their health online. Find your nearest local venue by visiting their website.
- Good Things Foundation in partnership with NHS Digital is running a programme to ensure people have the skills they need to access relevant health information and health services online.
Of course, as always, you can also ask at our reeption desk if you would like support with any of our online services.